Thursday, June 16, 2011

An Unearthed Introvert

One of my favorite things in life are summer storms. There was one today, and when it was over I went outside in my bare feet and traipsed around, holding a bouquet of heliotropes. I guess I was dreaming up something heavenly, and forgot about the obnoxious "after drizzle" of the storm. But that is something I do regularly... I will go off someplace by myself and be perfectly content with my own thoughts. I suppose it could be called my "Willowmere". I've been thinking about this "other side" of me lately. I used to consider myself a full blown extrovert, and introversion was something to be avoided. But now I'm thinking I fall somewhere in the middle. It may be because of the shifting seasons of my life (usually I'm pondering on my future), in which I case, I suppose such thinking is necessary. But other times, I'm simply dreaming up wild fantasies...hmm..aren't I a little old for that? Well, I guess that's just me.


"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?" --Anne Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment